Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Splash your cash

Recently the whole family went on a family holiday to Wales.  The holiday was packed with long beach walks, and mountain climbs and swimming in the sea (April is far too early to do that as I realised when I got in and promptly out again after 5 minutes).  

But the real excitement (for me anyway probably not my brothers) came from a visit to a nearby town, where I visited the one and only charity shop.  Here I happened upon one of my best bargains…A 100% cashmere cardigan in perfect condition for only £4!



Cardigan: Charity shop (originally from Tesco)
Belt: Charity shop
Necklace: Charity shop
Earrings: DIY
Ring: Charity shop
Skirt: H&M
Top: H&M
 It’s so soft! And a good colour as it goes with pretty much everything, I can’t believe how cheap it was, some cashmere cardigans on ASOS cost £140!!

In the same charity shop I also found a t-shirt, which was a size 16 but I loved the pattern of the material it was made of. I bought it so I could wear it baggy tucked into some high waisted shorts or skirt.



Although I have had some inspiration as to what I could do with it from another blog I follow; Guilt Free Fashion.  It is a university project set up by a blogger called Katie Styles.  It is definitely one of my favourite blogs as there are loads of good ideas for reinventing old clothes and revamping your wardrobe without having to spend a fortune!
With inspiration from DIY grey cropped t shirt I think I might crop the oversized t shirt and some lace to the collar.  I’ll post the outcome when I get round to trying it!

Genevieve x



No comments:

Post a Comment