Friday, 15 July 2011

Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas

So a few days ago my brothers and I turned 18 (at last!) sadly we each spent this mile stone birthday at opposite ends of the country! One brother is at a residential band camp for a week whilst me and my other brother are on our annual family holiday in Cornwall. To celebrate our birthday we went to the Eden project to see The Mystery Jets and Brandon Flowers!

The Mystery Jets

To be honest I wasn’t really a fan of either act so was a little unsure as to whether I would enjoy the gig! Obviously I knew Mr Flowers from his work in The Killers but wasn’t sure how he was as a solo act. So to prepare myself prior to the gig I downloaded Brandon’s solo album ‘Flamingo’ and pretty much every song The Mystery Jets have ever released!    

Brandon Flowers
The Mystery Jets were the warm up act and if I’m going to be honest they weren’t that great! We were outside so it was still light when they played.  Also they were missing their bass player as his wife was having a baby (congrats) and the lead singer seemed to have done something to his foot so he was sat down and had to use crutches at the end of their set. All these factors can’t really be helped and their music was pretty good but they didn’t really get the crowd going. And they only played for about half an hour when they were supposed to be on for 45 minutes! But I suppose now I am just being picky!

Brandon on the other hand was absolutely brilliant! Turns out I had heard some of his solo songs and he threw a few Killers favourites out there too! When he did Mr Brightside the crowd went absolutely wild!   I would definitely recommend going to see him, especially if you like The Killers.


Back to the point of this blog…what I was wearing! After about an hour trying to decide on what to wear I’m afraid I went for my ‘go to’ outfit.  I toyed with the idea of wearing something new and exciting for my birthday but went for the outfit I was most comfortable with.  This is the outfit I usually fall back onto if I can’t find anything else to wear. 

Top - H&M
Cardigan - H&M
Shorts - Topshop
Bandeau - DIY
Earrings - DIY

So the top is not actually mine; I found it at the bottom of my sister’s drawers once when I was raiding her room, but luckily she doesn’t wear it so I had the chance to steal it! It’s from H&M a few years ago when Matthew Williamson did a collection for them. 
I usually wear this outfit with my brogue wedges but I knew there would probably be a bit of standing round so opted for flats, this ended out to be a wise idea as the stage was a bit of a trek from the car park!

Wedges - Ebay 

The black bandeau I’m wearing underneath I actually made the day before going on holiday.  I made a black and white one out of odd bits of cut up t-shirt I had lying around, their so useful! Especially under tops like this one that fall down very low!

I’ll leave you with a picture of me on the shoulders of my brother raving out to a bit of Brandon!


Genevieve x


No comments:

Post a Comment