Sunday, 28 August 2011

Parseltongue and Other Skills

Apologies to all those sick of hearing about my birthday, (it was a milestone one!) but I promise this is the last mention.  My friends, knowing my ultimate love of bags, bought me this gorgeous vintage bag which I absolutely love! Real snake skin (apparently) with suede inside, it goes with so many outfits and is surprisingly spacious!



(As you can see I’ve also got a bit handy with photo editing! I’ll be playing around with it a bit more now so my pictures may start to look a little better from now on!) 


Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Belt - Dorothy Perkins
Earrings - New Look
Watch - Gift
I found this dress in the Dorothy Perkins sale last week and at a mere £10 I had to have it! I don’t usually go into Dorothy Perkins but I rediscovered it last week and may have to purchase a colour block top or dress from there!




Carrying on the theme of animal skin (more apologies to those of you who are vegetarian/ opposed to animal skins) I picked up an amazing bargain in my local Age Concern last week; a pair of tan coloured 100% leather trousers. I have wanted a pair of leather shorts for a while since the trend picked up last A/W, but after a few disastrous pairs purchased from Ebay I had given up hope of ever owning a pair.  Once again though Age Concern came through and delivered the goods. You could tell these were old as they had an incredibly high waist, and though marked a 12 were more of an 8/10. I was even more pleased with my purchase when I saw that all womenswear was half the marked price!



I have thousands of pairs of high waisted shorts so to make them a little different I decided to add a scalloped edge.  To make them I drew around a hair spray can with pen, cut along the line, and then removed any pen that could still be seen with nail varnish remover.  I was really pleased with the end product and can’t wait to do an outfit post about them!

Genevieve x

No comments:

Post a Comment